Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Course Assignments

Were you successful in carrying out the course assignments? If not, what prevented or discouraged you?

The course assignments were very different each week. The first week was very involved and time consuming. I was familiar with most of the information on the Star Chart. I feel the Star Chart provides limited knowledge of the reality of technology on most campuses. I do not feel it gives a complete picture of teachers who are or are not integrating technology. Summarizing the Long Range Plan was very valuable information and knowledge for me as an Instructional Technologist. The blog and the surveys did not provide insight for me. The surveys were very basic and more specific questions are needed. Week 2 provided me with more information concerning my district results on the Star Chart. I had not used Authorstream or Slideshare and I enjoyed both of the programs. I did find that Slideshare had many more options and was much more user-friendly than Authorstream. I appreciated the other slideshows and information that was available on them. They are great resources that I will also use in technology trainings. Week 3 assignment gave me further insight into the Technology program and how it operates. Week 4 was very difficult to discern what the instructors were wanting and how they wanted the Technology Action Plan organized. However, it was very beneficial to develop professional development and an action plan along with defining the roles of the administrators and teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment